web

• HOME
  • 게시판
  • 자유게시판

Tithing Is Bondage?

2016.04.19 21:50

Jarrod775688468869 조회 수:1083

bondage -
Lately, many folks complained about their poor personal finances, which "prevents them from tithing, making them feel guilty." Over a TV call-in program, in tears, a caller asked me whether she had to continue increasing her credit card debt to give to her church. It is a frequent question I hear: "Should I tithe in my bank card once i am carrying a balance?"

Let's check two issues implicit within this question. First, in case you tithe (a tithe is one-tenth)? No; there's no biblical basis to tithe today. You will not discover in The New Testament, tithing practiced and taught after Jesus' resurrection-it is not there. But, this isn't a "get out of jail free," card. God owns everything, we are His stewards and should spend all funds under His direction--we must are the cause of 100% of His funds.

Tithing Under The Mosaic Law Was Temporary To get to the heart of tithing, understand why God introduced it to Israel. God did not give Levites specific geographic areas within the Promised Land, but assigned them towns and pasture-lands from other Tribes' allotments (Numbers 35:2-3). To maintain Levites, the indegent, widows, orphans, and to teach Israel to celebrate, commune with, and revere Him, God introduced three tithes beneath the Mosaic Law: Levitical tithe (Numbers 18:21-32), Festive tithe (Deuteronomy 14:23-2), as well as the Poor tithe (Deuteronomy 14:28-29 ).

bondage -
Jesus Replaced The Temporary Priesthood Jesus' death and resurrection fulfilled the tithing law, cancelling the need for animal sacrifices, by Levite priests, to remove individual's sins. Jesus replaced the temporary Aaronic office of High Priest having a permanent priesthood (Hebrews 7:24). Jesus may be the High Priest according to the Order of Melchizedek (Hebrews 5:4-6). Today, we don't need intermediaries to commune with God; each believer can be a priest (1 Peter 2:5-9).

So, if tithing will not apply don't let stop giving? God owns everything (Psalm 24:1-2)--already He's 100% and we have nothing. Our goal is to talk about simply how much He will provide us with from His 100%. God has called us to surrender every area in our lives to Him, including 100% of His funds, for His direction. And then we mustn't reside in silos with circumstances dictating our behavior: separate work, church, home, finances lives.